Friday, September 30, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (just like Starbucks)


If anything good comes out of summer coming to a close, it's definitely fall food. When the first cool breezy day appears, I have a little fall ritual that comforts me in my post-summer depression. I put on cozy socks, go through my Williams and Sonoma catalog for inspiration and cook big ole' fall dinner. It usually consists of either a pot roast, pork roast or turkey, crescent rolls, green beans with bacon like my grandma Elsie always made, stuffing, and for sure, something super pumpkiny (I know that's not a word) for dessert. There is just something about the smell and taste of pumpkin that feels comforting to me. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread pudding,(will be featured in an upcoming post) and especially......the PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE....from Starbucks. I heart her. She is my warm, sweet, comforting old friend on a cold rainy day. Of course, with the latte, I usually grab two of their pumpkin cream cheese muffins..one for my todder, and for the bigger kids....that's right, for the kids (not for me I swear.) I try to save it for them, until 3:30 rolls around, just to let them know I was thinking about them while they were sitting in their cold, stark classroom, while I was working on my computer, sipping my liquid goodness....but alas, the muffin never makes it that long. These things are awesome, and struedely (also not a word) and then BAM! There is a little surprise nugget of goodness in the middle. When I found this recipe on Pinterest...(courtesy of Annie's Eats) I HAD to make them. In fact I made 24.....and 16 were still here when the kids came home. See, kids, I really do think about you....Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment