Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter sangria...What choo talkin' bout Willis?



I'm just going to come out and say it. I like fruity drinks. That's right, the fruitier the better...and sangria? Love the stuff. Usually I make it in the summer, using all kinds of local seasonal summer fruit...but this winter I started a little search for something more winter-like, and Christmas tasting. I didn't have to search very far...a little Pinterest combing, and tada! Winter sangria! Made it for a Christmas party last week, and it didn't take long to disappear. The only problem? I didn't make enough! It's a little sweeter than wine, but not as sweet as the fruity drinks I love...right in the middle. In fact, I used a pinot grigio so it would be too sweet, because most people don't like their drinks as sweet as I do. A big punch bowl o' perfection! Merry Christmas everyone!

Winter Sangria with Limes and Pomegranate

1 comment: