Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake....It's the bomb!


I found this recipe last year, on a blog called alexandracooks.com. Love her food blog, and when I saw this picture on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. I love breakfast, and this cake looked like perfection. The buttermilk, the blueberries, the lemon zest...the sugar sprinkled on top, an awesome combination. I had to laugh when I read her story on this cake...how she found it in her mom's recipes, and the name of the recipe was "Baby Boys Favorite Cake." She described how her little brother was the baby in the family, and was a super picky eater, and when she saw the recipe, she knew it would be good because "baby boy" liked it so much. The reason I laughed, is because we also have a "baby boy" in our family.....my little brother, who just turned 36. I have memories of my mom making him scrambled eggs every morning, because he was the "baby." I even remember making his bed for awhile, because my mom thought he was too little. I think he was twelve. We were heading out to our cabin with the whole family last summer, and I thought I would make this cake to see if our "baby boy" would like it. Sure enough, he ate half the pan. Make it for your family, or the "baby boy" in your life!

Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake (baby boy's favorite:))

No comments:

Post a Comment