Monday, October 24, 2011

Cozy up to fall...

Moving through my stages of grief, that summer has really ended...(anger, resentment, bargaining, depression, asking why God? Why?) I have finally come to...acceptance...and even....embracing! I will embrace fall and all I have learned to love about this season. The baking, the crisp sunny days, flannel sheets, Halloween, crock pot dinners, Thanksgiving, firing up the fireplace, and last but not least, furry boot and sweater season. Twice a year I go through my closet, and each of my kids closets and do a major clean out session. In the fall, I pack up all the summer clothes and flip flops, and bag everything I know I won't wear again, or that won't fit the kids next summer, and give it away. It's kind of fun getting out the warm sweaters, boots, and jackets, and taking stock of what we need as winter gets closer. I am slowly learning that less is more. I used to be a quantity lover....if I found a cheap hoody, I would get one in every color, because, hey, it's only 30 bucks! My closet was bursting with things that were newish, some with tags still on...but still I only wore a few items...I felt guilty, so what did I do? Shopped of course. As the economy changed, as did our finances, I was forced to shop less and less, and really think about the things I needed. I decided to go through my closet and give away about half my clothes, and it felt really good. Life just felt more simple. I actually spend a little more on items I will love and have for a few years, but buy way less over all. A couple great pairs of boots, a few really nice jeans, a great coat, a couple of cozy, soft sweaters, a nice classic handbag...then go cheaper on the trendier stuff...and pass it on as soon as you are "over it!" Your closet will thank you, and believe it or not, so will your wallet! I have received quite a few emails from mom's wanting to see some affordable fall fashions. I am no fashionista, but I could post comfy outfit ideas all day! Hope this helps you to cozy up to fall!
Hat- Jess Beanie $50 allsaints.com
Silver Hoop earrings $2.90 windsorstore.com
Stackable Rings $49 stelladot.com
Super Skinny Destroyed Jeans $50 hollisterco.com
Plaid Flannel Shirt $27 oldnavy.com
Lace Trim Cami $8.50 oldnavy.com
Ugg Boots $210 nordstrom.com

need a cheaper version? Try these:

chunky beret hat $6.90 forever21.com
Bare traps Emilse Boots $74.95 dsw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment