Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Glitter pumpkins...so sparkly!


Everyone knows there are all types of pumpkins...short, fat, round, white, bumpy, sugar, you name it, someone grows it. They are perfection for a thanksgiving centerpiece, mixed with leaves, candles, and pine cones. I have seen some really ornate centerpieces, and I have to say, for me, the more simple the better. But simple + sparkly? Does glitter not make everything better? I say yes, and when I first discovered the Martha Stewart glitter pumpkins, I was in love. Simple...sparkly...autumn-like...add some candles and glow in the season. Here are some images of what other people have done with glitter pumpkins:




I kind of changed up the way Martha does it....the first time I did these I was short on time, and supplies. I do love her glitter, and you can find it on Martha Stewart.com or Amazon for around $7-$9. It's expensive but will last for years. Here is my list of what you will need...(don't tell Martha, don't think I would want her mad at me! That would not be....a good thing.)

1 can spray adhesive
multiple colors of Martha Stewart glitter (I use Fire Opal, Brownstone, and Bronze)
Small pie pumpkins
brown craft paint

Hold the pumpkin by the stem over some newspaper. Spray the entire pumpkin, except the stem.
Sprinkle on the glitter over a separate area of newspaper, don't be sparse! After you sprinkle, grab the sides of the paper and form a line with the fallen glitter.You can pour it right back into the container.
Let dry for approx. 1/2 hour. Paint the stems with brown craft paint.
Done! How easy was that?

2 comments:

  1. I love them in our dining room! So sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete